Here are the rules and scoring details.
Players of AIBots will realise that the rules are exactly the same.
- A flag is worth 500 points
- Whenever a bomb you dropped hurts another player, you get 10 points.
- If you collide with a wall, you lose 1 health point.
- If you collide with another player, both of you lose 1 health point each.
- If you are in the range of an explosion, you lose health points depending on how close you are and how long you remain in the area. You can lose anything from 1 to 10 points.
- If you collide with a health package, your health goes back to 100. Note that health packages can be destroyed with bombs. When you've lost all your health points (you've 100 points to start with), you die. But don't worry, there's life after death ! Once you die, you reappear at one of the initial load position with your health back to 100, albeit after a certain delay. During this delay, none of your commands will be processed. You lose all your flags (which reappear in their initial positions) as well as the points associated with all of them. You also lose 10 more points (because you died).
- When you die, all the flags you gathered will be snatched from you and released back, and your score will be decremented accordingly
- The final score is the total score averaged over the no. of deaths. Your score is summed up at each death and is finally divided by the no. of deaths. If you don't die even once, then your current score is your final score.